Benefits of Massage
- Increased circulation of the blood, which serves to nourish, cleanse and maintain muscle function
- Acts as a mechanical cleanser, stimulating lymph circulation and hastening the elimination of waste and toxic debris
- Improves muscle tone and helps prevent or delay muscular atrophy due to forced inactivity
- Disperses the edema following injury to tendons and ligaments
- Increases range of motion by enhancing the function of joints and muscles
- Can compensate, in part for lack of exercise and muscle contraction for people who, because of injury, illness or age, are forced to remain inactive
- Increases the number of red blood cells, especially in cases of anemia
- Helps to overcome harmful fatigue due to strenuous exercise or injury
- Increases your sense of well-being
Benefits of Chair Massage
- Relieves tension, headaches, pain and anxiety
- Controls stress
- Prevents burnout and absenteeism
- Improves employee morale
- Increases a sense of well-being
- No investment in equipment or training for the employer
Receiving a Massage
- If you are receiving a massage for the first time, you will need to complete a medical health profile.
- Your massage will be given in a room with a relaxing atmosphere with soft lighting and soothing music.
- You will privately robe and disrobe in the room.
- During the massage, draping will be used at all times to protect your privacy. If you are uncomfortable removing your clothes, I will work within your comfort zone. After all, what is important is that you are able to relax and enjoy your massage.
- Remove your jewelry, glasses and contact lenses, if applicable.
- Close your eyes and let your body sink into the table. Closing your eyes decreases distractions and heightens the experience. It is best to not talk during a massage in order to receive the most relaxing benefits from it.
- How you breathe during a massage is important. Breathe naturally, taking occasional deep breaths.
- Some people feel emotional during a massage. If this happens to you, feel free to express these emotions without embarrassment.
- There is no sexual intent in a massage. Requests of an inappropriate nature will result in immediate cessation of your treatment and refusal of future services.
- This is your massage. Feel free to give feedback.
Copyright 2017 by Jodi Romaker